Isn’t it wonderful when someone you do not know reaches out through the ether to say hey I kinda like what you are up to. So thanks DanyaBanya for nominating me for the Leibster Award – in good old kiwi parlance, I’m stoked!
So what is a Liebster Award? The award is given to support and recognise up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers (on their blog) or likers (on their Facebook page). The word “Liebster” apparently has German origins and is reported to mean sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. By following some basic rules (answer 11 questions set by your nominee, write 11 questions of your own and pass the award onto 11 other bloggers to answer) it enables readers to get to know new bloggers and connect with a wider audience.
The questions she posed and my answers:
1. Tell me about a fun memory from your childhood. I was travelling on a train from Paris to Den Hague with my Mum and Dad in the 1970s; however one seat was separated from the other two, and my Dad was sitting in that seat. He came back after a while and said I should swap as there was a young boy in the seat next to him. I did swap; he was another nationality, we didn’t speak the same language, but we played cards. I’ve never forgotten that.
2. Tell me about a more recent fun memory. Our helicopter trip to the Grand Canyon – first time in a helicopter and it was AMAZING!
3. Do you exercise? Yes, though currently the only exercise activity is a walk with a pushchair attached!
4. Does your family have any traditions? No, not really.
5. What’s your favourite children’s story? Now that is a toughie, I swallowed books as a child..so no single favourite.
6. What do you do for “me time”? At the moment the daily shower is what feels like my only me time…so I string that out as long as possible…electricity bill be damned!
7. What’s something (or someone) pretty in your life right now? My little girl 🙂
8. Confess something. Today is my birthday!
9. What was the last thing you read offline? I took a book out of the library on Monday 15th October, Cecelia Ahern’s “The Time of my Life”, the first book since the wee girl arrived, and something I would have knocked off in about two hours pre wee girl. I’m currently on page 84 four weeks and one day later.
10. Tell me a joke. The cheesier the better... Why did the chicken cross the road? You guessed it – jokes are not my forte!
11. If you could publish a book on anything, what sort of book would it be? A book that people picked up but couldn’t put down, and made them smile and laugh out loud.
I am reaching out through the ether to the following eleven blogs whom I nominate for a Liebster Award:
And the eleven questions I pose:
1. Would you still jump in puddles?
2. What is one of your favourite quotes?
3. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
4. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
5. The best part of waking up is?
6. If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
7. Were you named after anyone?
8. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
9. Which is the one television character that you simply adore?
10. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
11. Would you bungee jump?